NEWS YOU CAN USE. Maybe you saw these stories. Maybe you missed them, but these are among the pieces I’ve read recently that might elicit some form of short memoir – an op-ed, or personal essay – from you. Once or twice a week I’ll bring you news pieces I find provocative. Here are some that get me going:
- Ah, the truth. What’s our obligation to tell it?
- Gossip finally gets good name
- Really? That’s what men will be wearing later this year? On what planet?
- Duh. But thanks for sharing
- New life for one of our finest dead white male authors
Surely you have something to say using one of these as your news peg.
Looking for inspiration or guidance on how to write a personal essay? Look at my categories for NPR essays, parenting essays, and several other topics. All of the pieces there have been published, or have aired on the radio. If those don’t work, see the interactive calendar for more inspiration. And write on.