READING IS A TEAM SPORT, one that takes a village of people in which we pass, hand-to-hand or by word of mouth, the books we love. I had two books literally pressed into my hand this week, both gifts from other readers. And then there are those I read about online that I feel I must press into yours.
Consider yourself part of the team. But remember: Do the same for the next person. Share this list, add what you’re reading. Be generous. Memoir deserves nothing less.
Here is what I’ve been reading about recently.
- Bustle’s 5 Feminist Messages from the Must-Read New Memoir “Love Warrior.”
- A lovely, smart friend of mine sat me down and read to me from this book the other night. It was divine. The whole experience.
- Bryan Cranston. His memoir. What more do I need to say?
- “When in French.” Lauren Collins’ new book. This is getting the very best reviews everywhere.
- Treyf. Know the word? Read the book.
What’s on your nightstand?
I got this fabulous photo from The Public Domain Review. Thank you.