I TEACH WHAT I CALL “writing with intent.” There are no writing prompts or silly exercises in my memoir classes, here on this site or in my book on how to write memoir. Why? Because while I’ve had hundreds of people in my classes in recovery from all manners of addiction, the greatest number of them are in recovery from writing exercises that fritter away what little time most of us have to write. Put them away. Let me teach you to transform your work into writing that others want to read. Let’s work together in one of my online memoir writing classes.
I am a published author, a teacher, as well as a memoir editor and writing coach. I teach at a variety of venues, in a range of classes, including several levels online. Click on the red link for your course of interest:
- A 90-minute INTRODUCTORY webinar called Memoirama including time for questions
- A 2-hour FOLLOW-UP called Memoirama 2: Structure Your Book, including time for questions
- A multiweek intermediate WORKSHOP STYLE course: Writing What You Know
- A monthly advanced WORKSHOP STYLE course: The Master Class
- A 90-minute online Op-ed class: How To Write Opinion Pieces
Taken all of those? Work with me one-on-one. Here’s information on my memoir-coaching services.